Yellow rice which goes well with bototie.
- 2 Persons.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil + or -
- raisins as you wish
- Heat oil a little.
- Add rice Stir till coated.
- Add water & salt
- Add raisins & turmeric (watch for colour by adding a little at a time!)
- Cook gently for 10 min. Covered on low heat, simmer.
- When most of the water is absorbed. Switch off stove & let the rice swell on the cooling plate.
- Cooking time depends on the quality of the rice.
- You may like to add a touch of brown sugar but I don't like the taste.
- Enjoy it !